During this difficult time for us all, your health and safety is of utmost priority for us here in En Milo. Given the circumstances, we have established, and we will apply a strict healthcare regulation, according to which we will start working on June 23rd, 2020.
By implementing this regulation, we aim for you to enjoy your holiday on our island, with safety guaranteed for everyone.
General rules for guests and staff
• Appointment of a health care coordinator for the property and emergency physician.
En Milo, in cooperation with a local private doctor's office, appoints as health care coordinator George Mallis, the manager of En Milo. Together, the following health care protocol has been created.
Every member of the staff must strictly adhere to the basic protective measures against COVID-19, that are recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Greece’s public health organization – EODY. Abiding with health sanitation, physical distancing by guests and staff as well, avoiding touching faces and in general personal and respiratory hygiene is required by all.
Our staff will abide by the required measures of personal hygiene, like protective gloves and mask, during their presence in shared spaces and rooms.
It is recommended to the staff to remain at home and require medical assistance should they present any symptoms that are related to COVID-19, while at the same time alerting the property's health care coordinator.
The guest must follow and respect the property's health care policy, follow all personal protection measures while being in shared spaces of the hotel but also while not being on the grounds of En Milo. The property maintains every right to cease any guests' stay, should it be discovered that the guest does not abide by the following rules.
For public health protection actions, En Milo will keep an updated log of all staff members and all guests that have stayed in the hotel - name, nationality, arrival and departure dates, contact information (address, phone number, e-mail) - in order to reach out to close contacts of any COVID-19 case, that might be later discovered.
Attention will be given to the General Data Protection Regulation and that all guests will be informed about the hotel log book for public health protection purposes.
Reception / Lobby Area
For the staff's and the guests' health protection purposes, check-ins will take place directly in the rooms and open areas in the rooms' private patio. In En Milo, it is architecturally possible to check in any room without being crowded and of course while maintaining the necessary distances of at least 2m.
Check-out will also take place in the private patios using POS devices or internet banking services. The final bill and receipts will be emailed to the guests' email address directly during payout.
Reception will remain closed during the season 2020. The guests will be contacting the reception via e-mail, Whats app, Viber, Facebook Messenger or Zoom.
Mandatory extension of duration of check-out and check-in times between stays (check out by 11am and check in from 3pm) so that rooms can be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and aired out through natural ventilation.
When requested, staff should be able to: a) inform guests on the hotel’s rules and the new measures taken to address incidents, b) provide useful information to health care providers regarding the locations of public and private hospitals, Covid-19 reference hospitals and pharmacies in the area and c) provide personal protective equipment (masks, gloves) when requested.
Cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping
1. Sanitation services after the checkout of the guests
• Fabric surfaces (bed, curtains, pillows) will be cleaned with a steam appliance.
• Usage of disinfectant for the cleaning of the WC, shower, and kitchen.
• Total disinfection of the room with odorless disinfectant sprayer in all the surfaces of the room.
• Floor Disinfection with chlorine inside and outside of the room.
• All exterior seats and tables will be disinfected after a guest leaves and before used by another guest.
• Disinfection of the air condition filters
• Meticulous cleaning and very good room ventilation will take place between stays of guests.
2. Sanitation services during the stay of the guests
• The daily cleaning of rooms during the stay of guests will be avoided (this is for housekeeping staff to avoid coming in contact with possible cases and to prevent further transmission), but the change of sheets, pillowcases will be carried out every two nights only upon the request of guests and during times when they are not inside.
• More specifically
• Change of sheets and pillowcases
• Disinfection of the WC and the floor
• The daily change of towels will be avoided and only carried out only upon the request of guests.
• Non-hotel guests are prohibited from entering the hotel.
3. Other Restrictions inside the room
• Removal of the immaterial objects (pillows, bedding) from all rooms.
• Removal of the shared multi-purpose items such as menus, magazines, etc.
• Removal of coffee machines, boilers and all the products of the mini bar.
• TV and air conditioner controls will have disposable covers.
• The doors and windows of all rooms will be opened daily for natural ventilation.
• Notification so guests are informed on when and how their rooms were cleaned.
• Placement of individual antiseptic gels in each room.
• All the laundering is being done by the property and our staff.
• The beddings are washed at 90 C with usage of Chlorine, detergent, and fabric softener.
• Clothes dryer and ironing.
• In line with our health and safety protocols, the washing machines will not be available for public usage during season 2020.
• The entrance and stay of non-hotel guests to the laundry area is prohibited.
Kitchen Area - Breakfast- Room service
During season 2020, the following services will not be provided: room service, breakfast, kitchen area. The guests who have booked their rooms with breakfast will be informed about alternative suggestions.
Swimming pools and other recreational water facilities
• The layout of seats on swimming pool decks (sunbeds, chairs, sun loungers, etc.) will be such so that the distance between the ends of the seats of two people under two different umbrellas be at least 2 meters in each direction.
• We will provide towels that will cover the entire surface of the sunbeds.
• Maximum Number of bathers in the pool: 6 people.
• Maximum Number of bathers outside the pool: 12 people.
• Monitoring the PH and the chlorine of the water every 6 hours, 3 times daily and keeping record of the data in a calendar available for inspection.
• Mandatory shower with shower gel before and after entering the pool.
• Non-hotel guests are prohibited from entering the pool.
• For vehicles up to 5 seats, the driver is allowed to transfer only 1 passenger. A second passenger is allowed only if the first passenger needs assistance.
• For vehicles up to 6 or 7 seats, the driver is allowed to transfer 2 passengers.
• For vehicles up to 8 or 9 seats, the driver is allowed to transfer 3 passengers.
• Passenger limits may be exceeded, only if the guests are parents with minors.
• Mandatory use of a non-surgical masks by passengers and drivers.
• It is recommended for drivers to provide antiseptic.
• Drivers must avoid handshakes.
• Drivers must ensure that the vehicle is naturally ventilated.
• Drivers of club cars must wear masks and gloves. The vehicles must be disinfected after each use.
Owner of En Milo